What Is HIFU?
During a HIFU facelift treatment, the practitioner delivers ultrasound energy with precision, deep into the structural layers of the skin. The heat energy is delivered at temperatures between 65c and 70c, targeting the different layers of the skin including the SMAS, deep dermis and epidermis.
Our HIFU non-surgical facelift treatment is an advanced cosmetic procedure and offers many benefits, these include:
- One or two treatments to achieve desired results*
- Long lasting results between 12 – 24 months*
- Quick treatment times between 30 – 120 minutes
- Comfortable procedure with no recovery time
- No anesthetic, no needles, no incisions
- Can prolong the results of cosmetic surgery
- Can be combined with other treatments such as micro-needling, fillers and toxins
- More affordable than surgery
What Can I Expect?
This precision targeting is unique to HIFU treatments. Other non-surgical skin tightening treatments are unable to target the specific tissues in this way. No other technology can target the SMAS layer.
The SMAS layer (superficial muscular aponeurotic system) is a deep layer of thin connective tissue that supports the skin. This layer is tightened during a surgical facelift procedure. Only with HIFU can this layer be targeted non-surgically.
As the sound waves bypass the surface of the skin, they rapidly heat the dermal and sub-dermal tissue, causing a low-level injury to the tissue.
In the process of ‘healing’ itself, the tissue stimulates the production and organisation of collagen fibres, which in turn leads to the long-term tightening and lifting of the skin in the treated area.
The creation of new collagen is a key part of helping the skin to maintain its youthful appearance.